Mercury Retrograde Do's and Don'ts
Mercury goes retrograde today! In case you don't know what that means, here's what you NEED to know.
For the next 3 weeks, Mercury, the winged messenger of the Gods, will be retrograde. It doesn't actually move backward but 'appears' to due our perspective and it's location on the ecliptic.
1. Double and triple confirm all appointments, meetings, and times to meet up with friends. Miscommunication and misunderstandings are the soup de jour during a Mercury Rx.
2. This is the IDEAL time to review, revise, renew, reassess, reflect...anything with a 're' in front of it.
3. This is also the IDEAL time to start something from your PAST or something you've been planning for a while now.
4. *DO NOT START SOMETHING ALL NEW*
IF you decide to start something ALL NEW during a Mercury Rx you will have to REDO it after Mercury goes direct.
The reason for this is that you will not have all of the information and something you missed or didn't know will come to light after Mercury goes direct on August 18th.
Way back in the early '80's I made this mistake and started a new job and moved to a new home under a Mercury Rx period. Six weeks later, I lost that job and nearly lost my new home!
Since that time, I gained a quick and healthy respect for these short periods of time when Mercury is holding back on all the details. Now I use these periods to re-examine what I've got working on the drawing board.
So see the next three weeks as the PERFECT time to get all those duckies lining up before you make your grand debut or launch your new plans.
5. It's also an IDEAL time to get in touch with people from your past. Don't be surprised if you hear from an old friend, boss or co-worker. Boyfriends can pop back into your life as well.
6. If you own a business it's also a perfect time to follow up on deals that never panned out - this could be the time that they fall into place!
7. If you've had a falling-out with a friend or family member, now is the perfect time to have a conversation and clear up the misunderstanding or hurt feelings. You can really have a major shift in how you see things during the next three weeks. It can be an opportunity to (almost literally) changing the past based on how you view it. Don't be shy and make the most of the opportunities open to you now.
8. Unless you absolutely have to, try your best not to purchase a new computer. Mercury rules communications so you may not be happy with your purchase later.
9. Mercury also rules all forms of travel. Again, and unless you have to buy a new car or go on a last minute trip, it's best to wait. Definitely don't spontaneously decide to go out and buy a new car or book a vacation last minute. You'll miss the fine print, or end up disappointed in the end.
10. Unless you've been in contract negotiations at a minimum of ten days prior to Mercury going retrograde, wait until after August 18th to sign any new agreements, contracts or legally-binding documents. To be safe, give it a good week after Mercury goes 'direct' before signing.
Stay open and reflect on where you want to take your dreams in about 3 weeks. You'll see things from a new view and feel even more confident about where you're headed after August 18th! Happy Mercury Retrograde!